Please find below our standard terms and conditions. These are relevant to our general trading and all expeditions we operate.
We sometimes issue expedition-specific terms and conditions, which, if applicable, are made available to you with your deposit invoice.
- Provisional bookings. We [Silk Road Adventures Ltd] will accept provisional bookings made through our website, by phone or email. The provisional booking means that, subject to availability, we will hold your expedition place for 7 working days before your deposit payment is required to secure the place.
- Registration. You’ll confirm your place on the adventure and enter into a contract with Silk Road Adventures Ltd by paying a non-refundable 20% deposit. All payments are payable by Paypal or BACS as per the invoices provided to you by us [Silk Road Adventures Ltd]. Once you’ve paid this you are officially on board. Hooray!
- Payment. The final balance is payable a minimum of 120 days before the start of the trip. If you’d like to pay the remaining amount in two installments please let us know. Silk Road Adventures Ltd reserves the right to cancel any booking for which the full balance has not been paid 120 days prior to the departure date.
- Cancellation and refunds. If for any reason you or any member of your party on whose behalf you have agreed a booking, have to withdraw from the trip you must let us know in writing. The following charges will be levied:
120+ days prior to departure : non-refundable deposit of 20% total booked price
60-119 days prior to departure : non-refundable 20% deposit + 30% booked price
30-59 days prior to departure : non-refundable 20% deposit + 50% booked price
0-29 days prior to departure : 100% booked price including deposit
All cancellations will incur a £50 administration charge
- Assembly arrangements. It is your responsibility to arrange your transport to the start location at the specified time and date, airport transfer provisions notwithstanding. If you fail to meet the party at the appointed time and at the designated place, any additional expenses incurred to allow you to reconvene with the group will be your responsibility.
- Travel Insurance. It is an essential condition of your booking that you to take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy as soon as you have signed up for this tour. Individual expedition insurance requirements are set out in the “Legal Stuff” section of each tour description on our website. These sections detail specific insurance requirements for certain countries or activities. If you have to pull out of the trip and the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim the cost of your payment and flight bookings. We strongly advise that any comprehensive travel insurance policy include irrecoverable cancellation costs. This is your responsibility, however, and we accept no liability for any acts or omissions of your chosen insurance company. We will request a copy of your policy document before the trip starts and are happy to advise you on the best insurers.
- Expedition Cost. We will not increase the price of your booked expedition within 30 days of your departure date. Our published prices allow us to absorb 3% currency exchange fluctuations without amending the published or agreed booking costs. However, if international currency exchange rates, governmental activities or other macro-economic events outside of Silk Road Adventures Ltd’s control cause prices to fluctuate beyond a 3% increase, you will be charged accordingly, up to 5% increase above the booked cost. For any cost increase above 8% of the booked price, you will have the option to cancel your booking in full, according to our cancellation terms and conditions provided herein.
- Passports and Visas. You are responsible for ensuring that your passport has at least 6 months validity beyond the proposed end date for your chosen expedition. You are also responsible for obtaining any required visas or vaccination certificates set out in the “Legal Stuff” sections of each individual expedition, or in any subsequent information pack provided by Silk Road Adventures Ltd
- Health. You are responsible for ensuring that you are in good health for the expedition you are booking. We will highlight any causes for concern in the individual expedition information provided on our website, and in any subsequent information pack provided to you. Please note that Silk Road Adventures Ltd accepts no liability for your health, and in booking your place on the expedition, you are agreeing that you are in good health for the activities listed.
- Behaviour. We reserve the right to refuse to accept or retain any client who behaves in a manner which results in the diminution of our ability to run the expedition satisfactorily, safely and to the enjoyment of other participants. This includes any conduct that causes serious offence to the citizens of areas we visit, to other expedition participants or brings Silk Road Adventures Ltd into disrepute. We will not be held liable for any costs incurred by any client in this event.
- Alterations and Cancellation by Silk Road Adventures Ltd. We reserve the right to make minor changes to the trip details both before and after you’ve signed up. If we have to make any major changes we will tell you as soon as possible and will offer you the chance to either accept the altered itinerary or cancel, in line with our published cancellation terms. Compensation will not be payable and no liability will be accepted by us where we are forced to make an alteration or cancellation as a result of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care.
- Force Majeure. We will not be liable to you if the expedition is prevented or affected as a result of ‘force majeure,’ which means any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events include war, threat of war, riot, civil strike, actual, threatened or suspected terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, earthquake, landslides, flooding and any similar events outside our control.
- Limitations of Liability. We will ensure the arrangements we have agreed to make or provide as part of our contract with you are made or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, the arrangements are deficient as a result of such failure by ourselves or our suppliers. It will be your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you make a claim against us.
For all claims which do not involve death or personal injury, if we are found liable to you on any basis, the maximum amount we will have to pay you is the amount paid by you to us in respect of the expedition.
We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (e.g loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any act and/or omission of the person affected or the act and/or omission of a third party which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or “force majeure” as defined above.
No liability can be accepted for negligent acts or omissions of air, road, rail and sea carriers or providers of hotel accommodation whose responsibilities are governed by international law and conventions such as the 1929 Warsaw Convention (amended by the 1975 Hague Protocol), 1961 Berne Convention, 1962 Paris Convention, 1973 Geneva Convention and 1974 Athens Convention)
We cannot be held liable for damage, expense or loss where this has been caused by your own lack of reasonable care, or where this is due to the actions of any party unconnected with your expedition arrangements.
We do not accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract with you, such as additional service or facility which any supplier agrees to provide for you if the service or facilities are not advertised in our publicity materials and we have not specifically agreed to arrange them.
This agreement is governed by English law and subject to the sole jurisdiction of the English courts.
Silk Road Adventures Ltd
Registered Office: 5 Great George St, Bristol BS1 5RR
Company No. 09789359